Pontifical Gregorian University
Studio Contini-Stella Associati
Pontifical Gregorian University was founded in 1551 thanks to Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus, and owes its present name to Pope Gregory XIII.
The auditorium of the Pontifical Gregorian University has been restyled to improve its architectural quality, as well as visual and acoustic comfort.
To enhance its acoustics, walls and ceiling have been covered with MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) slatted panels measuring 4085 x128 mm and featuring reaction to fire Class 1 (B s2 d0), tested in accordance with governing regulations.
Sound absorption properties are guaranteed by the structure of the panel itself, as well as by the inclusion of polyester fiber mats (density of 40 kg/m2) to satisfy the aesthetic and acoustic needs of the project and follow the shape of the rooms. Soundproofing capacity has been further increased by installing the slats 200 mm away from the ceiling or wall so as to create an “empty gap”.
The Auditorium has been set up with 10 rows divided in two areas arranged over sloping tiers with Omnia Evolution desks, a writing surface and cable duct, which guarantee maximum flexibility and easy movement of the users.
Pontifical Gregorian University's Aula Magna in Roma, Italy;
project fitted with 308 Omnia Evolution seats / listen slatted panels
- Name: Pontifical Gregorian University
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Year of development: 2014
- Segments: Aula Magna
- Capacity: 308
- Dimension: 433 sqm